OSI Wi-Fi Bullet not connecting to Wi-Fi (Blue light not solid, keeps flashing)
If you have followed the set up instructions and encounter a constant flashing blue light on the OSI Wi-Fi Bullet Camera, this means that the camera is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network.
First position yourself close to your router when you setup the camera with the Smart Life app so you have a strong Wi-Fi signal. After you have setup the camera you can unplug the camera and move it to your desired location. The app will retain the camera settings.
- First reset the camera which will put it in pairing mode.
- On the back of the camera is a small rubber square door. Open it and press the white button until you hear a sound.
- Now open the Life Smart app and select the blue "+" Icon
- Select "Security and Video Surviellance" in the left column.
Then select "Smart Camera (Wi-Fi)" in the right column.
- If the light on the camera is flashing red rapidly, Select the "Make sure the indicator is flashing rapidly" and then select "Next"
- Now select your 2.4 ghz network and enter your network password and then select "Next"
Important: Please ensure the correct password has been entered as the app will not tell you if you have entered the incorrect password. The camera will not connect to your network if the wrong password is entered.
- If your Internet provider has recently provided you with a Smart Switching Router, then the following message will come up on the app. Select "Carry On" then select the next button.
- You will then be prompted to scan the QR code on the app with the camera. Ensure you are 15 to 20 cm away. You will hear a prompt from the camera when the scan is successful. Select "I Heard a Prompt"
- The app will now add the device and the blinking blue light will become a solid blue when the camera has successfully connected to your network.
- Important: As noted above, The camera will not connect to your network if the wrong password is entered. You will know that this has happened if the blue light is constantly blinking on the camera and the "Adding Device" part of the setup times out. If this happens then you will need to start the installation from the beggining. (If this is not the case, then go to the next step)
- You will now see a message "Added Successfully" When you press "Done" You will automatically see the cameras viewpoint.
- Select the <-- (back button) to go to the main page of the Smart Life app. You will see the Bullet Camera listed under "All Devices"