How to get OSI Mini Camera Pop-up Motion Detection Notifications to my Phone with Sound (using Smart Life)
There are 2 things we need to do. First is to make sure Motion Detection Notifications are turned on with in the Mini Camera device settings. Secondly, we need to make sure settings are turned on in the main Smart Life App Notification Settings and Choose a Notification Sound. This tutorial should work for all other cameras / devicesd including other brands that use the Smart Life app.
First: Turn on Motion Detection Notifications
- In Smart Life app /Mini Camera Device Select Settings
- Select Detection Alarm Settings
- Enable Sound Detection.
Second: Turn on enable "Short Bell Notification" in Smart Life App Notification settings
- ON Smart Phone go into App Notification Settings (easiest way is to go into phone settings and type "App" or "Notification"
- Select Notifications
- Then select Smart Life
Note: You may need to select "More' to show more apps. Some phones default is to show 'Most Recent' apps. If this is the case there should be an option, such as an arrow beside the 'Most Recent' apps. Slect that and then select 'All' . This will show all of the apps. (See screenshot below) You can scroll down until you see 'Smart Life' .
Every phone is different, the example below is an android phone.
- Enable All Notifications in the list (especially under "Other" as these all have to do with different devices that connect to the Smart Life App, if you do not see other, you may see'Notification Categories', select that option). Enure all notification are on, especially SHORT BELL NOTIFICATION as this is specifically used for the Mini Camera
- Tap on 'Short Bell Notifcation' and ensure that under Notification style or category that ALERT is ON, You have selected a SOUND and Show as POP-UP is ON.
- Under SOUND select the desired sound notification type. Unfortunately the Smart Life app will default to App Provided sound. But sometimes it will not work so you just need to choose a notification sound.
Complete! You should now be getting both pop-up and sound notifications on your phone